Bfx.dll

Started by Paul, April 15, 2010, 12:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Hi

Currently programming in VB6 & VB.net and was wondering if a dll exsists that I can use?

Thanks

Paul

admin

I have tried that, but after some experiments (including some dedicated interfaces in bfx.xll) I got stuck.  It is certainly possible and I have to say that I spend not too much time on this.

It is quite easy for me to add another set of interfaces to bfx.xll to support vb.net, however I was looking for some general purpose data types like variants (or the xltype of Excel) for easy usage and to have the flexibility of using optional arguments i.e. to support a vb call like v=bfx_vx(700, 30, 0.5) and v=bfx_vx(700, 30, "yd", 0,5). So after some trying I paused my developments there. Furthermore array passing and accessing should be friendly for the programmer. bfx.xll runs in an unmanaged environment, not int the .net engine - adding additional levels of complexity.

If you know a receipy for this then I am quite willing to implement such interfaces.

Robert

Paul

Hi Robert

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe you can try: Variant (VBA) -- Object (VB.net). For the Optional statement I am not to sure, I know VB.net has Optional statement but I am not to sure how to make the same as in BfX.dll. It might be that v=bfx_vx(700, 30, "yd", 0,5) will have to be something like this v=bfx_vx(700,, 30,, 0.5)

In the mean time I am looking for a function that will calculate ballistic coefficient from two velocities at a distance between measurements. I have a set of measurements (time, Range and Velocity) I would like to calculate the ballistic coefficient – can you help?

Thanks

Paul

admin

Ja,

I provided a worksheet that is doing exactly that already - calculating from velocity and distances a bc. Look at the download page at

"Show me how Solver can be used with BfX VBA?"

However, a much simpler version is attached to the post.

Robert

admin

and if you know the muzzle velocity then you can remove it from solver.

Paul

Thanks I will give it a try

Paul

admin

I you don't succeed I'll do it for you.

Paul

It seems to be OK.

I will work with it a bit more and let you know

Paul

admin

Paul,
any progress?