progress with custom drag tables

Started by admin, August 18, 2011, 02:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mman

Is there a way to use drag tables like BC formats (G1, G2, G5...) when using Bfx functions?

For examble function:

=BfX_Cd(A1;A2) works fine

if A1 = "range" and A2 = "bc format" .

But if A2 = "named range (drag table)" it doesn't work.

admin

yes, that works, probably you have a typo somewhere. Look at the bottom of the included worksheet. Tonight I will reflect on your earlier posts

mman

Yes it works if A2 is named range but it doesn't if A2 is excel cell reference to the cell which includes the name of the named range.. Okay, let the pic do the explaining  ;):

http://i.imgur.com/GGXhg.jpg

admin

That is easy: =bfx_cd(A1;INDIRECT(A2)) or bfx_cd(A1;INDIRECT($A$2))

admin

regarding the metrological conditions of McCoys .22LR work:

- there is no clue in the article, hence it must be the default one of the early nineties
- I have no idea if they adopted ICAO by then (and used the US ARMY Standard Metro instead).

regarding deformation - that indeed is influenced by the rifle, i guess by the friction (surface conditions in barrel) at ingnition and the barrel length

mman

I hoped you would offer something else instead... Indirect works fine as long as the results are not used via vba code. When they are vba code calculation time will be multiplied...

About McCoy... First I thought it must be metro but there is one mention of ICAO conditions in the article (IV conclusions, point 4).

admin

... until now anything which smells like "state" is omitted in BfX. Storing and managing the relationship between a string and a cell reference is stateful and will lead to a headache (which I will get also with the 6dof). I rather am in favor of letting vba run an additional second...

admin

yes, indeed, he mentions ICAO. ICAO must be usance in nineties already.