Range Chart With The Lot

Started by ThunderDownUnder, March 09, 2011, 07:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThunderDownUnder

I am now a little more familiar with how to best use BfX functions. I have reworked an earlier spreadsheet that compared 10 calibres/loads side by side with the ability to interchange the units (SI, imperial) as easy as changing a column heading. I have also added a range chart and listed all the units that can be used with BfX functions. I hope you might find it useful in your shooting or even just to demonstrate the interchanging of units in a spreadsheet.

Download from here: http://www.safclass.com.au/Spreadsheets/Range%20Chart%20Any%20Units.xls

Ian

admin

Ian,

with bfx_u you can also modify the units of the gyroscopic drift calculations. eg =bfx_u(outputunit, gyroscopic drift, "in")

You have them now fixed to inches.

ThunderDownUnder

Thanks Rob, I have fixed that and its now user selectable!
I think I was doing a little testing of the spreadsheet and forgot about changing the "in" column back to being user selectable.

Ian

ThunderDownUnder

I have now added an input for wind direction that uses the clock face analogy. Wind direction from 1 to 12 o'clock can be used to calculate wind drift now on the spreadsheet. I have renamed the spreadsheet as BfX Ballistic Range Chart but is still the same, just with wind direction added.

http://www.safclass.com.au/Spreadsheets/BfX%20Ballistics%20Range%20Chart.xls

Ian

admin

Ian,

this is getting impressive! I think you have to add a column that contains the sum of the spin drift to the wind deflection.

Robert

ThunderDownUnder

Robert,

The thing with spindrift is that after the first sighter is fired, it automatically gets included for the second sighter's wind drift correction. All wind changes after the sighters are shot need to be simply based on wind drift.

For the very first shot, spindrift needs to be factored in for accuracy so I guess I could add a column as you have suggested to sum the two together. Thanks for your comment about the spreadsheet becoming impressive but all thanks goes to you for the BfX functions. Without your Excel BfX add-in I would have had to use ballistic software tools in a predetermined way but BfX has set me free to display data any way I want!

I really hope some other BfX users post their spreadsheets on this forum and share with other shooters how they use BfX ballistic calcs.

Ian

admin

Yes, I see your point about the spin drift.