Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Ballistics / Re: Weapon Employment Zone
« Last post by admin on June 12, 2014, 12:38:37 PM »
Maybe "Monte Carlo" is a  definition issue. In this case, i imagined that input parameters are generated in such a way that they are consistent with a certain probability distribution. Then a trajectory calculated and evaluated. The process is repeated hundreds of times. This is what one might describe as Monte Carlo.

« Last post by 375CT on June 11, 2014, 06:32:53 PM »
WEZ is a Monte Carlo simulation.

I find it hard to opinate about it - it does what it says.

Quite frequently I use a similar tool understand ballistic effects in a target shoot competition setting.

It is available as download on the BfX site. Look for the descriptive text:

"This workbook hosts a simulator with which you can estimate your results in a (multi distance, multi target) match, e.g. the NRA 90 shot full bore regional match course."

Robert,

Thanks for the answer, however how do you know WEZ is based off of Montecarlo? I've read all the available literature by Litz and that word is not present even once.

thanks!
« Last post by admin on June 11, 2014, 12:16:00 AM »
WEZ is a Monte Carlo simulation.

I find it hard to opinate about it - it does what it says.

Quite frequently I use a similar tool understand ballistic effects in a target shoot competition setting.

It is available as download on the BfX site. Look for the descriptive text:

"This workbook hosts a simulator with which you can estimate your results in a (multi distance, multi target) match, e.g. the NRA 90 shot full bore regional match course."
Ballistics / Weapon Employment Zone
« Last post by 375CT on June 05, 2014, 11:17:55 PM »
Hi there,

I'd assume most have read about the WEZ analysis Litz is now including as a feature in its PC software.

Would like to hear about opinions on its value as "hit probability" tool, if it's such, and mostly about the math behind it, if it makes sense. So far, I was only aware of Montecarlo simulations but apparently this feaure is not based off of it.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.
Member projects / Re: Ballistic_XLR a modification of the Jackson Rifles Workbook by Meccastreisand
« Last post by meccastreisand on May 31, 2014, 05:15:28 PM »
The latest version has quite a lot of bug fixes and tweaks and improvements.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2_BBw2VMf2-VUJZNXVTM0M1akE&usp=sharing

Member projects / Re: CFD modelling
« Last post by admin on May 24, 2014, 07:28:27 PM »
cool!

what I need are parametrizations of 6dof coefficients for boat tail bullets. No other projectiles.
Member projects / CFD modelling
« Last post by mman on May 06, 2014, 06:02:24 PM »
Just a little teaser about what I'm currently working on.

I've been studying CFD about a year now and due to my work I have access to CFD programs. At the moment results are promising. Errors in Cd are less than 5 %.
Ballistics / Re: Vertical Deflection due to a Crosswind aka Aerodynamic Jump
« Last post by 375CT on May 05, 2014, 05:51:19 AM »
Nice replie, thanks for them.

Now, I agree there are some holes in the paper, but compared to what Litz is offering in terms of addressing the AJ, I think the outline is way better in many aspects. Will take a new in depth read to see if I can understand it better.

In my opinion, AJ due to crosswind alone is a tricky one, and this formulation makes more sense to me than the one presented by Litz.

Further comments are welcome of course. ;)
General discussion / Ballistic_XLR, Advanced Ballistics Calculation Form, and other super cool stuff.
« Last post by meccastreisand on May 04, 2014, 03:26:47 PM »
http://ballisticxlr.com, click the download link.

Ballistic_XLR is free and works in Excel. It is compatible but not integrated with BfX in any way. What I have for you guys is an advanced ballistic calculation form which allows you to take your shot data and your current conditions and to make a calculated adjustment when the conditions vary beyond what your data is set up to support.

Do you lay your ammo in the sun while you take a shot? Wonder why you get vertical stringing?
Do you find that your barrel temperature increasing causes your groups to open up?
Do you shoot in variable winds?
Do you shoot through multiple barometric pressure zones?

The above and other factors are known to cause groups to open up but they're hard to adjust for. Part of the difficulty rests with how small the changes can be but these changes affect you in lots of ways as well. Using a well developed form that isolates each factor and adjusts for it you'll be able to dope the weather much more effectively.

Ballistic_XLR data sheets (and BfX data sheets) and the Ballistic_XLR calculation form and data sheets are available for download, true enough. I can also provide these as printed items that are printed on Revlar WATERPROOF PAPER. This isn't paper made from wood, it's made from plastic and is 100% water PROOF. It's also abrasion resistant and UV and heat resistant and it is 100% impossible to tear it. The Revlar media made by Relyco and is used by the military. I use 7.7mil media which is about as thick as a playing card.

You can purchase a complete kit with your ballistic data and field grade containment and marking supplies in one of my BADEDS kits, or just purchase the data sheets without all the extra goodies in my B-FEDS set. You can also get the full B-FEDS set or a subset of B-FEDS as a gift for donating to the Ballistic_XLR project.

Check out my channel on YouTube for more info. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSvqgqVNtzcLFuQkGxh-Egg
Tweet at me: @ballistic_XLR
email to ballisticxlr@gmail.com
Donate via paypal to ballisticxlr@gmail.com
Check out our blog and website at http://ballisticxlr.com

All of this project is non-profit. It seems the guy that did BfX stepped away from it for a while. While he's dealing with his life and family I'm still around to help out the long range target shooters of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10